Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wonderful

Today started out boringly enough. I watched Through Deaf Eyes (a documentary about the deaf history in the U.S. over the last 100 years, pretty good) over a bowl of cereal as Monty attempted to seduce me with his manly hops and soft grunting sounds while he paced along the couch where I perched in all my morning glory. It didn't work, but it was a valiant effort. Then I made the cream cheese frosting for the tomato soup cake for the potluck today (which was a splendid success. It turned out a bit like carrot cake). Went to class, saw Pillow Talk in all of its ridiculous fifties-romance-story magnificence. The potluck itself was a huge success. Everything was 50's themed, so there were rice crispy treats, tomato soup cake, jello moulds, etc. Towards the end though, something started to smell like a combination of cat litter and wet dogs. It was just about the most unpleasant thing ever.

But then I came home and went a-surfin' on the nets. That's when I discovered that Jessie had posted the story of U-Dorm's tragic night on her blog. Jessie does complete justice to the epic state of affairs. Keep in mind that the whole thing went down from about 10:30 when we got there until 2:30 am when we left to sleep at Jessie's apartment. During this time I called Ben in an attempt to figure out where his cleaning supplies were stashed in the apartment only to find out that there wasn't really anything beyond paper towels, air freshener and plastic lavender garbage bags called Rufies (like the drug). Plus, Jessie and I got to sleep at about 3 am and then woke up at 7. That was a long day. Amazing.

No comments: