Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You've Been Swarmed!

I had another bee class today. We didn't actually go out and poke about the hives today, instead we took a quiz, talked about bee social behavior (bee dancing (on a side note I found a video about bee dances on youtube with a narrator who sounds startlingly like the actor who plays Richmond on the IT Crowd show) etc.) and then watched some bee related youtube videos. Quite helpful really.


Ahhhh I'm covered in bees!

And then what must be one of the most frightening insects of all time.
There were audible gasps of horror in class when we watched this clip.
Tomorrow for my Fifties class Michelle and I are going to make tomato soup cake (a classic from the era) with cream cheese frosting for the potluck. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Agent Jellie said...

That hornet v. bee thing was AMAZING! My mouth was hanging open by the end! Ugh, when will humans finally realize that relocating species is a BAD IDEA!!!! So what if they make more honey, if your entire colony is slaughtered, then there is NO honey! Goodness.