Friday, April 11, 2008

The Place: My Room at 10:00 PM

I'm tired. Lastnight Jessie and I didn't get to sleep until about 3 (after a crraaazzyyy time at U-dorm... that's another story that isn't going to wind up on here) and then we woke up at 7-ish so that Jessie's rat Choxie could go in and get her new tumor removed. I walked home from the transit center before I was properly awake (I still had pillow marks on my face) and before I had foods. But then I got home and remedied that situation; I took a shower, got back on the bus, went to the Farmers Market, bought a hens-n-chicks plant and then came back to do some felting and quiet time with the windows open. It was quite lovely.

Then I watched My Neighbor Totoro. I watched it when I was little little, but I didn't remember an ounce of it. It's a great movie. At this point my eyes are glazed, and I'm tempted to sleep on the couch because my room seems so very far away. But I decide to let Monty out for a last minute romp while I get ready for bed. I had some clothes on my bed from sleeping over at Jessie's last night so I just pulled the jammy pants from the top of the pile and put them on. I start picking things up off the floor when I realized that the knee and hip of my pants are wet. That's odd. And then I thought, slower this time

"The knee of my pants IS WET!
NOOOOOOOOOO!"
It's dawned on me, and I wish it hadn't. I sweep the medley of clothes off my bed in horror. Monty, at some point, has seen fit to pee on my bed again. I rip off the blanket I had on top of everything: wet. The comforter lands in a heap in my doorway: wet. My top sheet: wet. My fitted sheet: wet. My mattress protector: wet. The cover on my down mattress pad: damp, but the down is fine.
Down Monty goes, straight back into his cage with no treats. I rip off my pants and throw them in the enormous pile of bedding in the hall. My summer sheets are out early, I have no comforter so I've hunted up all the blankets in the house and piled them on my bed. At least he missed the pillows. I still can't believe that after a good streak, he chooses tonight to do that. Plus I'm pretty sure it's been there since I made dinner when I had to go check my burbling soup, leaving him to his own devices for FIVE MINUTES.
Naughty bunny.

2 comments:

Ben Jammin said...

"I rip off my pants and throw them in the enormous pile of bedding in the hall." In a different context this quote could seem very alarming.

Agent Jellie said...

NAUGHTY BUNNY!!!!!! Oh dear Hannah, I'm sorry. You could always come sleep in MY bed again! You make quite a nice bed-mate! Far better than Monte... at least I HOPE you didn't pee in my bed! Oh dear.