Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm Scheming...

up an idea that has only one possible outcome: complete success! I'm trying to lure people into helping me because I think I'll need to feed off of other people's ability to focus on a project long enough to finish it. I'm still 1/3 of the way done with my second glove... I haven't touched it in almost a week. Also, I made whipped up a shirt a while ago but never got around to putting a zipper in the back. Yesterday, I decided to wear such shirt because even though I thought it was hideous when I initially put it aside, it was calling to me yesterday. So I decided to pin the back. Not with safety pins, mind you, but the kind of pin you use to take things in place when you're sewing. You know.... of the infinitely sharp variety. So I did that, and it worked until I got to Jessie's when I hear a muffled *pop!* and all of the sudden my chest was freer than everything was supposed to be. I pinned it back but quickly changed out of it when I got home. Luckily I have little whale buttons I'm going to use on it. The only remaining problem is that I don't know how to sew button holes. So right now the shirt is relegated to my new "in progress" bin in my brand new craft room (I shifted all of Paul's crap out of his old room and into Katherine's old room so that I could appropriate his bachelor-hole for crafty biz-nass and I'm imagining a Monty palace in the corner). The project I have in mind for the mean time, however, is A CARDBOARD RHINOCEROS HEAD! I found this kit online but I'm very sure that I could do it on my own with a little help and a lotta cardboard. I'm pretty excited.

Oh and this is my little friend-in-progress. I don't know how to finish it. All I have is the beginnings of a boring, white body. I think it'll either be a llama or a horsey. I was thinking camel, but I didn't think about it soon enough to build the humps into the basic body structure. Lemme know what ya'll think he should become or what colors! I have dark brown, bright green, tan, this off-white and a brown/grey combination.

And the tree in our front yard bloomed today! I don't know what it is but between it and the plum tree next to it everything smells heavenly outside.

2 comments:

Star said...

i really like your felted creatures :-)

Ben Jammin said...

Green stripes. It is a horsey