Monday, December 15, 2008

Ohhh Toes, I Will Save You!

I've been idly looking for a pair of slippers that'll work for this whole "winter season" thing that seems to keep showing up every year. The nerve! I wanted something that's sort of like a super thick sock with a grippy bottom and so far only these've come close. I hate slippers with hard bottoms (they feel too much like real shoes and I have a thing about not wearing shoes in the house) so all those toasty Haflingers my relatives are so crazy over are out of the running (hah! Get it... running... shoes. Oh whatever.)
Anyway, that was until Presents Knits posted THESE today! The minute I opened it it was like my computer screen developed an aura and the heavens parted to let a single shaft of light through to illuminate everything and there was a chorus of singing sighs.... in short, it was glorious. THESE are glorious. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this too! Now I just need to find some stick grippers for the bottoms and I'm ready to knit these up and stick them on my feets.
This is what Hannah heaven looks like.

2 comments:

Star said...

those are so cute! what are they lined with???

Hannah said...

Ok, so you remember that wool I bought when I was up there last time? you just take hanks of that and knit it in along with the yarn with the loose ends towards the inside. Over time those loose ends will felt together and create a felted liner. Super awesome.