Friday, August 15, 2008

Now-Day

I am officially done with evening swim lessons and class for the rest of the summer! Today is my first day of moderate freedom (wouldn't want to get too crazy with all out relaxation, now would we?). I woke up at 7:30, ate breakfast, made a soup, cleaned the house, and went to Joanns to pick up some supplies for this:
This is the first half or so of my picnic blanket/quilt I'm making. I'm going to embroider it... eventually. I have yet to figure out how the rest of it will go (i.e. where the rest of the fabric goes... who needs a plan anyway?). I'll upload some drawings of my embroidery plans later when I get them all squared away. In any case it's going to be pretty fantastic.
I was talking about spiders weaving webs in the yard earlier and I found this big guy hanging out square in the center of the yard at eye height on a web about 1.5 feet square. Impressive, so I tried my hardest to walk around him and leave him be. I have to mow at some point, but for now he's going to enjoy his hard work one more night and probably catch some tastey things.
And I found this enormous dead beetle on the ground by the bus stop in front of our house. He was pretty cool and shimmery.

No comments: