Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Made it Myself!

I went downtown yesterday to deposit my second (meager) paycheck in the bank only to realize as I was yanking on the clearly locked doors that they were closed on Saturdays. Who does that? Anyway, as I was talking to my sister Jessie on the phone and wandering around downtown Oly. waiting for the 3:30 bus to leave in an hour, I found myself inside of Canvas Works. Funny how that works. So I decided that while I was there anyway I should check to see if they have a drop spindle. I've been hankering to try spinning my own yarn (since it would cut my costs in halvsies). I bought the very very last one (it's like fate right? When a place has the last one of something you're looking for? So you have to buy it. Right? RIGHT?). No matter that my bank account is in a steady decline, I'm going to teach myself how to spin yarn dammit!
So that's what I did last night between the dinner that Katherine and Peter made and our Monopoly game that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. This is the fruit of my labors (ignoring the mess I made out of a particularly hideous color of wool roving I bought to practice with. THAT one is getting tossed as soon as I remember to). I'm quite pleased. I think I'll get one more baggie of that wool and then knit a hat or something.

No comments: