Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Valentine for You, and You and YOU!

Star and I made plans to make sweet Valentine cookies for everyone on Saturday. I doodled around all day, got up late, watched some movies, even thought about cleaning the kitchen (but didn't). Finally 6 o-clock rolls around and no Star. I'm getting antsy, we just finished up the movie The Treasure of Sierra Madre and I finally gave up. The buses stop running up to our house at 6 so I figured that was that so Dharyll and I decided to go to Old School pizza and get a pizza to make me feel better. So as we're heading out the door Dharyll's trying to get me to guess whose phone is which (they look identical until you turn it on to see the background) when mine lights up with a picture of Star which meant that she was calling me at a ridiculously perfect moment. She was at the transit center in town with a bag full of baking goodies and since the pizza place is right across the street it was even MORE perfect. So we went down, picked up Star and the food and went back up to the house.
We mixed up all the ingredients and stuck the pucks of dough in the fridge for an hour to cool so we could roll them out.
And then we cut them into hearts.
And then we baked them.
And then we went to make frosting but someone had put the eggs back. Everything needs to be at room temperature so we were trying to figure out how to make the eggs warmer without microwaving them (that would PROBABLY be a bad idea, but we may never know now...). So Star came up with the brilliant idea of sticking them in her bra for a while, which is what she's done in the picture above. Fantastic!
And here they are, all done! Some of them anyway, we made a bunch.
Happy almost Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Star said...

awesome pictures!!!