Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I do NOT need to Have a Picture in Every Post

I decided to be brave today and ride the bus to school. It’s been lighter out earlier and the 94 bus has added more times that it runs up to our house so it seems like a good idea. Plus then I’d be all environmentally conscious and maybe get some exercise, both of which are generally good things but only when taken in moderation, mind you.

This morning it was lovely outside. Blue skies, no rain, etc. I even took the bunny out for a romp in the back yard until he started digging up tulips and then it was back to the cage for him. The bright happy day was what started this mad decision to take the bus, that and it’s a short day (ASL was only an hour long because of finals). So I get all packed up, feed Monty and then check the bus schedule online (it’s changed and I haven’t ridden the bus since it changed). Lo and behold the new 94 bus route isn’t posted, nor is it posted on the bus stop in our yard. So I decide to huff it down to the Transit Center. I figure that it should take about 40 minutes or so to walk there and even though it’s a little cold, it’s nowhere near bone chilling so I put on an extra layer and head out.

12 minutes later I’m covered in rain. It was so nice and sunny and tame that I thought that 40 minutes would be plenty of time to avoid rain. WRONG. By the time I get to the transit center I’m wetter than I was in the shower I’d just taken before I left which is ridiculous because in a shower the purpose is to get wet, outside it’s to stay dry. But I’m sure you connected those dots yourself already.

I catch the 48 to school, get there by 2:08. Class at 3. Get out at 4. Catch the 48 to Joann’s in yet another leg of the never-ending quest to find fabric that’s NOT covered in old-lady flowers for a pattern I bought last week. Hop back on the 48 at 5:30 and ride it until it becomes the 94 and stops in my yard.

Things I saw today:
A little girl named “Magenta” (she just turned five today and told me all about it) at Joann’s
Anti-abortionists with dead baby banners in front of Planned Parenthood (it’s sort of on the way from the house to the Transit Center)

Va bene.

2 comments:

Star said...

excitement in hannah-land!
and yeah, they're doing ANOTHER "40 days for life"
...:-(

Unknown said...

star's mamarmama says
i feel your pain at the old lady prints ... went shopping the other day and had trouble finding clothes that didn't have horrid garish colored old lady floral print fabric ... cannot wait to see this trend GO AWAY