Monday, January 14, 2008

Triumphant Return

Today I got back to Oly. after a trip home to box up and move all my things from home. My parents finally sold the house (after just over a year) and are moving within the month so I had to be a bit hasty with all my packing. At least that's what I say my reason was. In reality it was to pick up Monty.
So anyway, I packed and shoved and finally got everything into containers of one shape or another so that dad could, in turn, force them into the back of the Subaru. The only things that were left behind were the house plants but that's fine. There's always another weekend.
Monty had a tough beginning ride to Olympia. He made the ride in a kitty carrier in the passenger seat while his wire cage made the trip strapped to the roof of the car. He had to get into the carrier while the car was still being loaded so that I could clean the cage, though it was tempting to leave the bunny pellets in there and have them sprinkle down the road all the way to Oly. He seemed to perk up when I put the air on full cold.
Peter, Katherine, Paul and I dumped all my things in the living room and Monty now lives in the garage. I'll take pictures of that another time. It's a pretty sweet setup if I do say so myself. I unpacked for a while and then Star and Ben came by with all the makin's of an apple pie!

A picture of said pie before it was baked.
After bakeage. There must have been a problem with the lard-to-flour ratio because the crust came out like powder. It was still delicious so everything was right with the world. I think Star and I were pretty genius by using a thermos and a juice container to roll out the dough once we realized there wasn't a rolling pin in the house.
So kudos to us.

After much Mario Kart on N64, Star wound up on top of the kitchen right after we were talking about the Mystery Science Theater episode where this mad scientist switches a woman's brain with a cat's and then she winds up in a tree, hissing at people. We thought about calling the fire department, but it turns out that Star listens better than any cat I've ever seen, so the crisis was averted when she came down on her own.

Oh college kids.... doing the things we do.

5 comments:

Star said...

yay pie!

Agent Jellie said...

I think this last bit just made my day. StarKitty.

Anonymous said...

hannah--next time--1/2 as much shortening as flour, 1/2 as much water as shortening. Cut the shortening into the flour, mix the water in with your hands. Works every time! Grandma Joyce

Star said...

woah! my grandma is named joyce too!

Hannah said...

Star, why were you even back this far?! That's just crazy. And maybe we're related. I mean, your blond, like small furry things and you know, live in the same area. That's too many coinkydinks