Monday, January 21, 2008

Risk! The Game of Champions...

Risk is aptly named for the mad-strategy skills that are necessary to win. Unfortunately, I don’t really possess these skills. Instead I have mad-persistance skills. I insist on taking over some such country that I set my sights on, no matter how well guarded it is by the little metal people that I’m always switching out for horses or canons. This time, I really wanted Quebec. Not because it’s French, but because there was a ridiculous number of little red people stationed there. That and I really wanted North America so that I could get those extra armies at the beginning of my turn. Anywho, Dharyll also wanted to keep North America. Dharyll, I might add, has mad skills at the whole “dice-rolling” thing, whereas I managed to roll straight ones, three times in a row. Anyway, here are some shots from the last epic Risk game we played this weekend.


This is me winning... and by winning I mean managing to hold out for five extra dice-rolls than I expected. Go Western United States!

Good game Dharyll, next time I'll win.

On a completely unrelated note, but also semi-related, I'm not allowed to touch knives. I cut myself just about every time I even THINK about knives. Today, however, Dharyll was giving me flac about it. I totally managed to take out, open and then close that silly knife he has in his pocket without cutting myself. Which was great, because it furthered my cause that I should be allowed to handle sharp objects. But, the kicker is that as soon as Dharyll left I went to cut a piece of bread from that tasty cinnamon bread I baked this weekend and completely sliced open my finger. So much for fine motor skills, or planning ahead as far as how to hold the bread while cutting. Ah well, a little more protein, a little more color and some extra ingredients for those pieces of bread I managed to cut off before my little slip.

No comments: