Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm Talkin' 'Bout Pumpkins!

It's officially Halloween, a holiday specific to the U.S. of A. Italians don't so much celebrate it so I had to go out of my way to track down a pumpkin. We found some in San Lorenzo's indoor market and we managed to score this one for about 4 euro. These were definitely there JUST for American students, they had "Halloween" stickers with information in English and everything, but whatever, I can American-up any day I please, thank you very much!

P.S. I think it is hilarious (and yes, I mean HILARIOUS) that I, in a foreign country where Halloween isn't celebrated, still managed to find, carve and post pictures of a pumpkin before y'all in the U.S.
Suckas!

My little friend... still intact but not for long.
Oh no! It's brain surgery!
I'm in your brains! Scoopin' 'em out! With ma hands....
AAaaaahhhhhh pumpkin BRAINS!
And/or Pumpkin babies... whichever is scarier/more in the Halloween spirit.

He's just not like he used to be... not since the... surgery.
He seems like a hollow shell of his once vibrant personality. It's a sad day.
Until...

I carve a happy face on him! Now he's all better.

Now he's all better AND on fire!
And that is my Italian/Halloween pumpkin... carved by alternating between bread and butter knives.
Yep, I'm pretty much a badass...

2 comments:

Star said...

i love the face you carved! i am sad that i managed to be too picky to find a pumpkin. i shoulda bought one when i was at top foods the other day, but now it is too late! sad sad sad panda, because i LOVE pumpkins!

Agent Jellie said...

This is one of the coolest jack-o-lanterns I have ever seen!!