Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monty Madness

Dad just started building Monty an outdoor bunny run yesterday! I'm really really excited. I've been planning a good one since Jessie found him a year ago and now I'll be able to stick him in the yard for some exercise in safety. We have a healthy looking hawk that likes to perch in one of our trees out back, about a dozen large dogs that roam the neighborhood freely, some small ones too, and at least two cats that have a habit of sitting right outside our sliding door and mock Monty throughout the day. All of these are bad news without a heavily reinforced pen and that's exactly what Dad's building from scraps of the old deck rail we tore out when we redid it.
The wire is left over from the totally lame pen I made him while we were in Olympia. It kept the neighbor's cat out and Monty in so I guess it did its job. Mostly.

No comments: