Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Day

I was picking out my twice weekly groceries at Twelve Mile on Saturday when I found these lovelies! The eggs are called Girls-a-Layin' (P.S. don't type that into google for a search... it will only end with naughty things. Who'd a thought? Geeze...) and they are local. I think I'm in love! The lady was saying that she has forty some-odd chickens and she always knows which ones are laying and which aren't because each egg is unique to the chicken (and she doesn't just mean the really obvious color difference, that's how good she is). I love that.

And on the way home on Saturday I decided to keep my eyes peeled for a Goodwill. I knew there used to be one in the area and sure enough there it was! I popped in with a very specific idea in my head. I wanted to take an already made sweater and deconstruct it for its yarn ever since I saw this tutorial. This was a cotton (I think) Large sweater. Ok, in the end it took me about 5 hours to pick the damn seams out without tearing the yarn and about 4 hours to unravel everything, but now I think I have enough for four pairs of mittens and a pair of socks or something. It's about the journey... right? Anyway, my fingers are sort of purple from picking at little threads for hours and hours but it was so worth it.
At least that's what I'm telling myself, and don't you go contradicting me either.
Oh, and the photo above is of the sweater with the arms already detached and unraveled and one side open with three more seams to go. Sigh....

1 comment:

Star said...

it's beautiful yarn my dear!

and i couldn't help myself and did a google search. the links were not so bad, the top ten were all pretty innocent, but the first page of image results has some interesting ones! teehee