Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cooking in '08

I've been busy cooking for the last couple months of good, old 2008. I more or less promised myself not to show anyone these recipes because they make me look like a god in the kitchen, but then I figured that most of you don't live with me and I can still wow them folks with these. I've tried all of these without any messups and with really great end results. Plus, all of them are on the internets so I don't have to mess with a cook book that won't stay open. Anywho, enjoy these during the whole new year thing.

(one of the ultimates of ultimates lately)





(I got Jessie to eat almost a whole batch even after she knew they were vegan... which says something about how awesome these are.)



(I made that for Not-so-Turkey-Turkeyday and it turned out beautimous, I did use my own pie crust recipe, so I'm not vouching for theirs.)

(I can't stress how mind blowingly good these are. I gave the recipe to Star and I think she made at least two batches within the first week.)


(very tasty, very buttery)


(This is another one of those foods that make you want to roll your eyes back and ask "If this isn't some sort of religious experience, what is?" So good. Mine turned out a tad more yellow than the picture but that's because I used local, happy eggs with happy egg yolks.)


(My first success with yeast, and a tasty success to boot!)


(this was tasty as heck however I decided to do something silly. I tossed it right out of the pan onto a rack after it had cooled, instead of treating it like brownies and cutting it up while it was still in the pan. Oops. I lost a good chunk out of the middle but that just meant I got to munch on that before everyone showed up.)


(This is my new favorite bread and also the only bread I've gotten to actually turn out like it's supposed to. Ohhh new bread... you smell so good!)

And yes Star, I do know that I haven't put up pictures of those cupcakes I made, but Jessie got into them like a fox in a hen house and before I knew it they were gone. I guess I'll just have to make some more, now won't I? I have my eye on those hi-hats in that book...

2 comments:

Star said...

make the white christmas ones!!! it's so much fun!

Star said...

alright, ms. maier, i'm making the casserole tomorrow night(it would be tonight if i didn't have class).
it better be good or it's on YOU!