Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Too Early to Tell...

Whether this was a genius idea hidden behind a terrible idea.... or just a terrible idea. I wanted to paint just one of my walls and after about fifteen minutes of debating and a little input from mummy, I chose this green color (grape green to be exact) and I went at that wall with a bit of gusto. I'd had my first twinge of doubt when the paint guy at Home Despot popped open the lid to make his little color dot and I was blinded by what looked like highlighter vomit. I got home and put the first coat on and I was willing to go along with it because it was the first coat and you could still see a little white through it, so it was probably going to wind up being darker.... right? So I waited, paint dried, and then I repainted. Tip to those who have never painted a room before, USE A ROLLER. I was busted for using a paintbrush.... it looked better when I was putting it on with the brush than with the roller. Gimme a break! Anyway, the wall is complete and I'm still a little worried about it. Today is the day of decision though because it'll have dried, I'll have slept on it and really, it's not as yellow as this picture makes it out to be.... I think.
I'm glad it's only the one wall.

1 comment:

Star said...

it's possible that that is a brighter green than my living room!