Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sigh...

This weekend was just one of those weekends that just never got on it's feet in a good way.

1.) I decided to visit my parents for the weekend to drop of some of my things in preparation for the big move at the end of August.
  • But first I needed to clean the house because our land-lady started showing the house for potential future renters.
  • But MORE first, Katherine and Peter left on Wednesday morning (5 a.m.) and didn't wind up cleaning before they left... so I cleaned the whole house.
  • I left on Thursday night so that meant I cleaned all morning Wednesday before and between work and then again on Thursday morning before hopping on my bike to catch the bus at 9:10 a.m.

2.) I get all that done, pack up everything I'm going to take home and stack it neatly in the garage so that I can load it up easily and quickly (I even line up all the plants by the back door so that I can put them in and go).

3.) I remember the plants, Tic Tac, Monty, my giant thing of hot cocoa mix... even Peter's Wii which I totally "borrowed" for the weekend, but conveniently forgot everything I had stacked in the garage. Essentially, I made that whole trip for nothing (if my purpose is still to bring things home before the end of the month).

4.) I only realize this when I pull up and Mom says "Oh... is that it? Huh..."

5.) and I think "Damn... "

6.) We do things all weekend. Made a pie, at some pie, saw my grandparents, left TicTac, got a "you really should water plants, honey" talk and then watched some scary/beautiful/insane Olympic Opening Ceremony and loafed around the house.

7.) I packed up everything to leave today, did some homework (some being the operative word here) and then drove all the way back home after getting gas.

8.) Why is she continuing this list if she's just getting gas and going home? Well, I started driving and realized about 115 miles afterwards that I had forgotten all of the games for Peter's Wii at home. I KNEW that was going to happen. The very fact that I even THOUGHT about bringing the game system home guaranteed that I would leave something. And I did.

9.) Double damn.

10.) Now I'm entering into negotiations with my parents to send the games back up here via mail instead of having them wait until they come to help me move. Oh please?! Oh pretty pretty PLEASE?

No comments: