Monday, August 18, 2008

Quiltation!

So, for the last... three... whole days I've been holed up at home scratching out some drawings and then starting the embroidery on my quilt. I've got two of sigh..... sixteen panels done. One, is this octopiddle...

These are centered in the middle of what will be about an oh, ten inch, circle of either embroidery or quilting. I have this idea that I'll quilt all around up 'till the ten inch circle through the back and front. On the front will be the embroidery like this here, and on the back I'm hoping that I can get Steve to draw some warped representations of the same animals I've quilted rather innocently on the front. Heehee, it should be awesome!
And here is the wee chick I've embroidered, I've pulled back a ways so that you can see how big he is in relation to the rest of the quilt. The octopiddle is much bigger, he fills up the entire planned circle.
Peepee!

And here's my sketch of him before I started the actual embroidering.
Anywho, that's what I've been doing. I'm starting to have sewing dreams so I think it's time to pause for a day or so.

No comments: