Friday, August 01, 2008

Cult Classics

I just watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch. It's one of those movies that keeps getting played during the first couple weeks of fall quarter at Evergreen. Along with Rocky Horror Picture Show, Kinky Boots and a few others. I really enjoyed the other two, so I ordered up Hedwig on netflix out of curiosity. Even though I still think that Rocky Horror Picture Show needs to be watched in a theater full of other people who routinely go to see it, armed with a newspaper, rice, squirt guns and other accoutrements to make the experience authentic, I've watched Kinky Boots by myself and liked it so I thought I'd give Hedwig a shot. I really enjoyed it. There were a couple of clips that caught me up. The first was the song The Origin of Love with a little animation that goes with the song. I found the clip on youtube.com so I thought I'd post it (I also bought the song because I like it so much.


And I really liked this clip where they do cool things with the set, but I think you should really just watch the movie because if you see too much of the movie in little chunks it'll seem much more bizarre than it is.... although it is rather out there (in the tradition of Rocky Horror and Kinky Boots, really).

No comments: