Monday, April 07, 2008

Springtime!

Mr. Piggie has some blossom friends.
Remember that mitten I was making with that yarn I wasn't going to buy but did anyway? Well here's the first one, made with 100% lobster mix. I'm figuring out that it's hella difficult to take pictures of clothing or things you wear. I'm used to my little stuffed friends where I can stick them in the grass, walk away a few feet, snap a picture and be done. But I felt like a dork standing in my front yard taking pictures of my hand. Here it is, finished in all its glory. I think I might embroider a flower or something on it. I still have to finish the second one. I think I might be in love with this yarn though. 50% wool and 50% alpaca it feels like heaven. I think I'll sell these though, if I can find someone with hands as small as mine.
P.S. this is the first pattern (wearable pattern, that is) that I've made up completely on my own! Go me.

2 comments:

Star said...

mr. piggie looks quite happy to have friends and your mitten is gorgeous! you're leaving it fingerless, then? good choice!
you should teach starzipan how to make them. the books and patterns just confuse her.

Ben Jammin said...

your an amazing k-nitter and you are on a blog-o-rampage!