Sunday, April 06, 2008

Bleh

I've been slightly productive today. I made myself some rice for lunch (my food supply is getting dangerously boring, about all I have left is half a box of cereal, some rice, a bag of potatoes and pancake mix) played with Monty, finished my homework for The Fifties: Fab and Fraught, worked my way through most of my ASL II homework and now I'm knitting a mitten pattern that I'm making up as I go with some yarn I splurged on yesterday (it's called Lobster Mix, how could I NOT buy it?!). But all of those things involved sitting. And I've been sitting for the majority of the last week. So I decided to go for a short bike ride. I'm talking epically short. But hey, it's better than nothing, right? The clouds started to go away and there was even some blue sky peaking out so I decided to bundle up and head out. The minute I crossed Eastside the rain started. I heroically decide to keep going to the end of Fir which is what I had in mind all along. Once I turn on to Fir it REALLY starts to rain. My pants get soaked and my nose started acting like a drain spout for the rest of my cranium, channeling the water coming in onto the top of my head through the holes in my helmet. I get to the end of Fir and peddle as fast as I can back to the safety of the garage. The minute I pull into the driveway the rain stops and the sun comes back out. I huff and kerfuffle my way around the garage, sulky that the weather decided to mess with me and my brief exercise.

I think this is a sign that I'm just not meant to shift myself from a slouchy-sitting position on the couch. The cookie crumbs on my shirt leftover from the sacrificial cookie I nabbed from the freezer agree with me. Damn.

No comments: