Thursday, December 06, 2007

Commune de Florence

We went to a museum that has things from Florence, a little random but very neat after learning about Florence all quarter.

A model of Florence when it was a Roman city. The wire outlines show where the Duomo is and Santa Croce today.



A map of Florence from the Renaissance...


Complete with dead cows on the banks of the Arno.
BIG KEYS! I thought my apartment key was huge, but these put it to shame.
And it's good to see that the gypsies still show up, even in the engravings.
A model of Florence in the 19th century.
Complete with stains on the cobblestones.

He looks like a muppet. I always get super happy when I see accurate busts... this guy had NO teeth.



Snail! Hanging out behind a gate. Taya wants me to tell you all that while I was trying to get a good picture of our little friend here, she almost died from hunger. DIED. I know, I'm a terrible terrible person.... almost making people DIE and everything, all in an effort to get a picture of this little snail.
Terrible. Monstrous. Un-thinkable.
Darn it all, I'm a sassy pants today.

No comments: