Saturday, April 28, 2007

Species Parade in Olympia

The Olympia Art's Walk is here! From Friday to Sunday, Olympia is full of art, music and crazy costumes as all the Greeners and Olympians turn out to celebrate in downtown Olympia. Today (Saturday) was the Species Parade. The idea is to just dress up as an animal species and be a part of the fun! It was awesome but absolutely packed (I'm glad we took the bus because there was NO WAY we were going to find parking). And the fact that it didn't actually rain is a huge bonus. Enjoy the pictures! You can enlarge the pics. by clicking on them, they'll open in the window in their original size.

I think they were supposed to be air.
There were a couple giant gulls flying through in the "air" section. The parade was divided into (I think) Air, Earth, Wind, Fire and Water sections as it moved through the city.
An owl.
Bees.
A water... goat? I'm pretty sure that's a goat.
A prize to anyone who can figure out what THESE sepcies are...

Now THAT'S a goat!
A guy riding an ostrich and a float with an albino bison.
A peacock man and a walking tree (it was a REALLY impressive amount of foliage).
These guys were my favorite. Monkeys riding on fake mens. I think I've found a holloween costume for all occasions.
A water dragon.

We've (D-dorm and co.) have decided that this is definitely a must see if you're in Olympia during Arts Walk (it's a once a year feista so huzzah to those of you who DO wind up in Oly.) and that I am definitely going to see this next year.
Happy Species Parade!

No comments: